Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
NCLR at Thomas M. Cooley Law School March 20-24, 2013
The 59th Annual National Conference of Law Reviews
March 20-24, 2013
Thomas M .Cooley Law School presents “Best Practices”
All law reviews and journals are invited to attend the annual conference!
We’ve put together the best of legal writing, entertainment, and sports to make this the best experience for you and your law review. Here’s a preview:
- WIN a Complete Bar Review Course from Kaplan! March Madness Party: After the 7 o'clock game, we'll draw one lucky winner. (Must be present to win.)
- Hear Bryan Garner share his best practices for legal writing
- See Joe Castillo, world’s best sand artist and finalist on America’s Got Talent®*, create a live "sand story"
- Enjoy dinner, courtesy of Scribes, with keynote speaker Professor Joseph Kimble
- Choose from more than 20 sessions including an editing competition for a chance to win an Apple® iPad!
- Eat, drink, and cheer for your team at our "March Madness" party
* America’s Got Talent® is a registered trademark of FremantleMedia North America, Inc. Cooley Law School and the National Conference of Law Reviews is not affiliated with or sponsored by FremantleMedia North America, Inc.
Share your law review’s best practices!
Cooley Conference Center
217 S Capitol Ave
Thomas M. Cooley Law School
Founded in 1972, the Thomas M. Cooley Law School is a private, nonprofit, independent law school accredited by the American Bar Association and the Higher Learning Commission. Cooley has provided its more than 15,000 graduates with the practical skills necessary for a seamless transition from academia to the real world.
We are excited to see you!
We've prepared an extraordinary schedule of events that we'd like to share with you.
We also wanted to let you know about a few things to help you prepare for a great conference.
Rooms available at the Radisson. We encourage everyone to stay at the Radisson. Use the promotional code: “LAWREV”
Airport-to-Radisson transportation. The Radisson Hotel will provide a free shuttle from the Lansing City Airport to the Radisson.
Radisson-to-Cooley transportation. The Radisson is a casual five-minute walk away from the Cooley Conference Center, where most events will happen.
Capitol tour. For those of you who signed up for the capitol tour and meet-and-greet with legislators, we’re happy to announce special, not-open-to-the-public tours to go up into the capitol dome. So if you’re interested in the dome tour, please email your name and address email@example.com by March 13.
March Madness. Please consider coming to the March Madness party on Friday, March 22. It’s only $10 for an entire night of fun. You can register on the website.
More to come. Over the next week, we’ll send a few more emails to get you ready for the conference. If you need anything: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks, and we'll see you soon!
Travel to Lansing:
The closest airport is the Lansing Capital Region International Airport (LAN). It's just 15 minutes from the Radisson Hotel and Cooley Temple Conference Center.
Other airports: These three airports are each about one-and-a-half hours from Lansing:
Grand Rapids, Michigan: Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR)
Flint, Michigan: Bishop International Airport (FNT)
Detroit, Michigan: Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
Several rental-car companies service these airports. The Radisson Hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the Lansing airport.
MichiganFlyer - Michigan’s Motorcoach Connection between Detroit Metro Airport and East Lansing